Recently another pastor wrote that followers of Christ could do something practical that would improve their Sunday church experience. I took a few days to reflect on what he wrote and decided he was correct. Here is what he said:
- Arrive 15 minutes before Sunday School and worship begin and stay 15 minutes after they end.
- In three weeks, a lot will change about your experience.
- If you arrive early, you will find the worship more impactful and your pastor more insightful. A calm heart is fertile ground.
- You will find new friends. You can’t build friendships on the run.
- You will find a place to serve. By having time to talk with the folks who are serving, you will find out that most people really like serving. They may even ask you to serve with them.
What do you think? What additional benefits can you identify? Leave a comment and share your thoughts with us.
Pastor Steve Hogg