Hurricane Florence has occupied everyone’s attention this week. While it may change, our area is expecting several inches of heavy rain for two or more days with sustained strong wind. Many of our FBC Family of Faith have places on the coast or relatives who live there. We been praying and making preparation.
All week people have been…
- Stocking up on water, batteries, canned food, etc
- Making sure they have adequate supplies of propane and charcoal
- Cleaning leaves and debris out of gutters
- Moving items that might become projectiles in the wind to secure places
- Making room in their houses for family and friends who evacuated the coastal areas
- Asking what are we doing at church on Sunday – are we having church
After looking at the latest forecast today and evaluating the pros and cons of various options, we decided to go ahead and announce that this Sunday, September 16 we will have one worship service at 10:30 am. There will be no Sunday School and no childcare.
If the Hurricane does greater damage than we expect, making it too dangerous or difficult for us to meet Sunday morning, we will announce the cancellation of the 10:30 service on our website and various social media platforms. So keep your cell phones and iPads charged so you check for updates.
During the 10:30 worship service this Sunday…
- I will preach a message titled “Hurricanes and Other ‘Acts of God’”
- Scott Blassingame will a time in the service designed just for our kids
- We will have a time of prayer for everyone affected by the hurricane
Help us get the word out about this Sunday. Be safe. Help your neighbors. Pray.
Pastor Steve Hogg