Fire Alarm Update
The July 9 Sunday morning activities at FBC were interrupted by a fire alarm shortly before the end of the second worship service. Fortunately there was no fire. It was a false alarm, set off by a young child pulling one of the alarms in our building.
In response we are taking the following steps:
- Reviewing and updating our procedures for how to respond to an alarm.
- Investigating options for lessening the likelihood of a child falsely pulling an alarm.
Once these steps are complete we will:
- Schedule training for all ministry leaders (lay and staff) so they will know exactly what to do when there is an alarm.
- Publicize procedures so our church family knows what to do.
- Schedule a live practice drill on a Sunday morning.
This past Sunday morning everyone cooperated and was able to exit the building. However there was some confusion in certain areas of our campus and a lack of clear direction. In the event of a real emergency we need to be better prepared. Thus the steps outlined above will be completed and implemented as soon as possible.
This incident is also a reminder of why we should regularly pray for God's protection on our church family and our facilities. Our Father often protects us even when we don't know He is doing it and we don't ever want to take this for granted. So let's give our Lord thanks and ask for His mighty hand to always be over us.
Pastor Steve Hogg